- This event has passed.
Scottish Trans Justice Conference
March 13, 2014 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
This free conference will bring together trans people from across Scotland and representatives from Police Scotland, the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service, the Scottish Prison Service, the Scottish Courts Service, the Employment Tribunal Service Scotland and leading human rights and equality lawyers.
It will explore how to improve transgender equality across the various parts of Scotland’s justice system, including:
- reporting and prosecution of transphobic hate crime;
- access to justice for people who have experienced discrimination from employers or service providers;
- addressing concerns about anti-trans ‘sex by fraud’ prosecutions;
- the dignity and privacy of trans people during court processes;
- protection for trans people from intrusive media reporting of their gender histories;
- the safety and medical needs of trans people in custody.
Share your views, experiences and ideas for improvement through interactive consultation workshops. Ask important questions and make key comments during a panel debate involving key policy managers and equality activists.
To attend this free conference you must register in advance as places are limited.
A small travel assistance scheme is available to help trans people on low incomes to attend the conference.